First time use
After successful login, users will have to set at least one identity. This can be done by clicking on Settings -> Identities -> + and filling up the requisite details. In particular, the Display name, E-mail and Reply-to fields have to be set correctly (to your official IITD email) for Roundcube to work corretly. The default identity, email@example.com, will not work correctly.
Address book settings
- Login to Squirrelmail, click Addresses and access the Address Export option.
- Choose a custom text delimiter and make the box blank. See figure:
- Export and save the file.
- Visit http://schrotie.de/csv2vcard.html and use the tool to convert to a vCard and save the resulting file with a vcf extension. You can find other utilities for this through a simple Google search on "CSV to Vcard".
- Login to Roundcube, Click on Address Book -> Import, choose your vcf file and import.
Enable threaded view
To enable threaded view for a folder, click on Settings -> Folders, select the folder and set the List view mode to Threads.
Reporting SPAM and not-SPAM
Use the button with symbol to mark messages as SPAM, this will move the marked message to the folder missed-spam. The same button when pressed from the SPAM folder will move the marked message to the folder not-spam and also copy to INBOX.
Other features like LDAP address completion, mail archiving, HTML editor, spell checking are automatically enabled.
Please report problems, if any, to firstname.lastname@example.org or log a complaint at https://internal.iitd.ernet.in/slats.