Recently, the Institute resolved to liberalise the port restrictions and proxy requirements for IITD Internet.
Some of the key highlights are:
- the domain iitd.ac.in will be the primary domain for IIT Delhi (iitd.ernet.in is deprecated and may not be supported in future)
- Port restriction are being removed from all authenticated (802.1x) access points (e.g. IITD_WIFI)
- Please note that this means users may visit any sites/services. Howeve proper traceability of IP addresses will be maintained and in case of any violation of IITD Policies including illegal downloads of copyrighted content, strict action will be taken which may includes appropriate fines and or suspension of Internet priviliges and or the CSC ID.
- For unauthenticated Wired Services — Current Proxy Based Access will continue.
- Guest access is now permitted only through IITD_Secure_GUEST and the unsecured IITD_GUEST/IITD_Guests is being withdrawn.
User Acceptance of Revised Policies
to review and accept these policies. You will need to login with your kerberos ID.
Please note that you will need to visit the above site and agree to the policy by the 15th of Jan 2017, failing which your Internet privileges will be suspended.
The revised policies will come into effect from Jan 16th 2017.
Note regarding Security:Please be sure to check whether a email is genuinely from the IIT Admins -- look at the original source (all email clients can show this) and check the authenticated sender & DKIM signature for IIT Delhi. Also before entering your user ID/Password at a site you should make sure the sites security certificate is valid and authenticated with the IITD Certificate(s). See CSC website for further details on Digital Singing of emails and IITD CA Certificates.