In addition to the LDAP and Kerberos systems for authorization and authentication, the CSC has also commissioned a Microsoft Active Directory to be able to deploy Windows based services.
To keep the passwords in the two Kerberos systems in sync, the users will need to update their passwords only from the web-page available at https://userm.iitd.ernet.in/usermanage/pwchange.html. Existing users will need to change their password at least once before the active directory password can come in to effect. For new users the password will automatically be in sync.
The services that will require the Microsoft Active Directory include:
- WiFi connection to IITD_WIFI3 using the native windows method of PEAP-MSCHAPv2 . This method is also commonly supported in mobiles phones and other hand-held devices.
- Network installation of Windows operating systems from the CSC site.
- Access to all CSC Windows desktops.
- Remote access to CSC home space using CIFS/SMB protocol.
- Registering requests for cloud computing services.